someone fixed my computer now wants to charge more then said

Status
Not open for further replies.

brm342

around christmas time a guy my sister works with said he would fix my computer and he charged 50$ an hour. Well he fixed it and said it was going to be 50$. He worked with my sister and i also keep in contact with him. I couldnt pick up the computer from him cause of money trouble and he knew all of this. I talked to him in may and he didnt say anything about charging me more. Well i called him in june and he never called me back, then my husband called him at the end of july and he told my husband that it would be 150$ cause he was charging me a holding fee. He never in all this time said anything to me or my sister about a holding fee... now my question is that i dont want to pay him that cause that wasnt the amount he told me and now all of the sudden he is charging by the month when he never said anything to me about it. and i in the right or is he?

it is pretty doubtful that he will prevail. Your original contract was to pay $ 50. Now, there seems to be some uncertainty about the time payment was due. He probably expected payment right away. But he also seemed to have agreed later to wait. Since you never negotiated a "holding fee" there is no contract about it and it is more than doubtful that he would prevail in claiming a quasi contract for that fee. What he might assert is that he deserves some compensation for the delay, but that can never conscionably be 200% of the original amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back