Some is using my social security number to work.

Moyakelley27

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I recently went to Ocean Inc to get help with my electric bill. They had ask me if I worked for a company called Toy Genuis. I told them no. I spoke to the owner of the company to try and receive a letter from them, that I did not work for that company. The owner refused. I called Ocean inc. back and they tried talking to the owner, she again refused to help. Ocean Inc was not able to help me with my electric and it is shut off.

Make a police report for identity theft and also report to one of the major credit bureaus.
There is a wealth of information available online to help you through handling identity theft.

They had ask me if I worked for a company called Toy Genuis. I told them no. I spoke to the owner of the company to try and receive a letter from them, that I did not work for that company. The owner refused.

The information you seek has also been posted in this thread:

Identity Theft

Make a police report for identity theft and also report to one of the major credit bureaus.
There is a wealth of information available online to help you through handling identity theft.
I reported to the credit and IRS. Do you just go to the town, I am leaving in. I am on a fixed income. So a lawyer is out of the question, due to not having enough money for one.

You can report identity theft to your local law enforcement agency. Odds are the crime did not happen locally. They will figure out where to send the report. Probably nothing will ever happen, but it is important that you report it to help get your information back on track.

Back