Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Solicitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCJC

I was arrested last night for solicitation of prostitution. I made arrangements to meet someone at a hotel through Craigslist and the cops had set up a sting operation. I was released ROR and have a court date next week. The cop indicated that it was a class B misdemeanor. I have a few questions--I'm hoping someone can provide some insight:

My highest priority is to close this chapter quietly and not have it affect my family. Should I simply plea guilty (I was, and the cops seemed pretty thorough in their sting) and deal with the penalty--or get a lawyer to represent me try to reduce the consequences?

Is there anywhere on internet to research what the penalty for this type of crime is in my state (CT)

I can afford a lawyer--am I being foolish if I don't get one? Is this something I can just handle on my own by being honest and taking my lumps? I've never been in this type of situation and really don't even know how to think about it.

Obviously--I was an ass and now need to deal with the consequences. I just don't want to compound this by being a stupid ass.

Get a lawyer.

Google the statute number and the state to see the penalty.

Since you can afford a lawyer get one. Don't try to do it on your own. They would give you a bad plea deal...........Your lawyer might be about to reduce it to disorderly conduct which would not look as bad as your current charge. Get a lawyer ASAP and that gives you your best chance. Even when you are guilty, it does not mean you don't need a good lawyer. Sometimes lawyers can find holes and reasons to dismiss charges under certain circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back