Sociopathic cousin

Just your mention of getting a gun is enough to lock your butt up if by chance you did have to use it against her. Most people don't have the basic understanding of gun laws to protect themselves in the event of having to use the firearm. You have legal routes that should be taken against her. Getting a restraining order against her.

Please explain how mentioning in a forum or elsewhere purchasing a firearm legally for self-protection could get the OP's but locked up.

Just your mention of getting a gun is enough to lock your butt up if by chance you did have to use it against her. Most people don't have the basic understanding of gun laws to protect themselves in the event of having to use the firearm. You have legal routes that should be taken against her. Getting a restraining order against her.

I'm not getting it to do anything to her, we just genuinely fear for the safteyof our family and we want to get a firearm in case anything happens. This lady is crazy. There's nothing wrong with getting my FOID card and a firearm because I think someone may be a potential threat. I do not want to use it but if she tries to break in or threaten our family, I want to make sure we are protected.

I'm not getting it to do anything to her, we just genuinely fear for the safteyof our family and we want to get a firearm in case anything happens. This lady is crazy. There's nothing wrong with getting my FOID card and a firearm because I think someone may be a potential threat. I do not want to use it but if she tries to break in or threaten our family, I want to make sure we are protected.

Generally calling 911 or improving your home security efforts is better than an amateur carrying a loaded firearm.

Shooting a paper target doesn't mean one can or should shoot a human being, even a lunatic.

What do you think the police response time averages in the OP's area?

A firearm and some training is the best home security.

I have no idea, nor do I care.

I have tried cases where even a trained amateur shot one of their family members, while the intruder made good his escape.

I tried one case where the "trained" shooter shot himself in his foot.

I tried another case where the shooter shot someone in another apartment, as his .303 slug ripped through his living room wall, striking an innocent neighbor.
The intruder made good his escape.

Citizen firearms owners are trained on paper targets.
None are trained by killing human beings, even police officers and military personnel.
Don't think just because you can hit a bullseye, that you could/would pop a cap in a human being.

I've done both, and have no problem doing again.

That said, busting a cap in human being becomes instinctual, and has nothing to do with completing a firearms safety course, or even obtaining a carry permit.

As i stated.... Her comment that they are getting a firearm to protect themselves. In the event that they used it against this person. the cops could attempt to say they planned this shooting. A lot would depend on how the shooting took place. Back my in day... People would give each other ass whippings instead of shooting them. Taking a life isn't easy. It should be the very last resort and only if your life is in danger.

Whether Jessica is or is not a sociopath is legally irrelevant. The laws are not different for sociopaths than other people.

Nick, if you want to get a firearm, get a firearm (though please also get some training in how to use it and on firearm safety). But I can't see that Jessica has done anything for which you are able to take legal action.

Here's the TLDR:

jessica claims to have cancer
Parents (and me) all feel bad and let her live with us
Jessica has a friend named Selena and mike who text my mom about her situation, being her friends they want to help Jessica out too.

jessica and mike consistently ridicule my mom for not taking care of Jessica well enough.

Jessica never communicates anything so we aren't to blame for that. We can't help her if she doesn't communicate

This ridiculing and harassment (it is harassment mike and Selena were relentless in their pursuit to ridicule my mom)

mom has mental breakdown
Mom goes to mental hospital for 4 weeks and has all her meds changed up as well as shock therapy (my mother already had had depression and was bipolar most of her life so she can be easily guilted into things)

Things calm down for awhile

then things heat up a month after my mom got back from the hospital

we finally kick Jess out, only to find that her friends "Selena and mike" aren't real. Jessica was just texting my mom the whole time (6 months) with a VOIP(virtual phone number) app and trying to manipulate her, as well as messaging us from VOIP numbers claiming to be military doctors on multiple occasions. She also sent over photoshopped medical documents to make it seem legit.

Jessica never had cancer

throughout all of this situation, it was peppered with random "medical problems". Jess would claim that she had a heart attack ( multiple times) and was at the hospital, and said she had ACL surgery or "passed out while driving" etc.... and all of it was a lie.

we kicked her out, changed all the passwords, locks, got a ring doorbell, and lifelock because we don't know if she was going through our personal information such as social security numbers etc...

I can assure you someone who would lie about having cancer and do what she did qualifies as a sociopath, and her parents confirmed that she was indeed medically discharged from the military for being a sociopath. She tried to do the same thing to one of her friends in the military that she did to us, and the military police came and separated them and that's when Jess has a psyc evaluation and got discharged.

We don't have papers in our hands that say that Jess is a sociopath, but for all intents and purposes, let's assume that she is a sociopath. I'm pretty knowledgeable in psychology and she definitely fits the bill.

assuming everything here is true, what legal action can we take. I can't prove to any of you that it is true, but when the court date comes, we'll have a plethora of evidence.

Lol Ok.

Whether Jessica is or is not a sociopath is legally irrelevant. The laws are not different for sociopaths than other people.

Nick, if you want to get a firearm, get a firearm (though please also get some training in how to use it and on firearm safety). But I can't see that Jessica has done anything for which you are able to take legal action.
absolutely. I may be a 21 year old but im a little more well put together for my age. I understand that having a firearm is a responsibility and that I could easily take another persons life if I misuse it.

I had a cousin who had a friend who got one and he was showing it off and he removed the magazine and pointed it at him and pulled the trigger. Killed him instantly. Im not getting one to show off, just self defense since she has been in our house for 6 months. She's a lunatic and my mom isn't physically strong, or quick thinking on her feet when an unexpected threat arises. Im the opposite. As soon as an unexpected threat arises, I immediately think about
A. what can I do that is within my protection from the law, and when can I do it
B. how can I keep the situation from escalating and make sure no one is harmed.

If it comes to using the firearm for self defense, I am mentally and physically ready to pull the trigger. I guarantee my mom, who is very compassionate and caring and low in emotional intelligence(not being demeaning, she just lets her emotions control her whereas I approach everything from a logical, straightforward point of view) , will not be able to cope with taking someone else life, even if it means protecting her own.

Back