So how is the switch working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
All seems to work pretty well for me here!

A couple of things are on the agenda and close to being done

(1) Login (if needed) directly from the forum home page.

(2) Header login area isn't changing its status even though it should (working that out)

Otherwise, so far so good. Some passwords have been sent, more to go. If you want to recover your password immediately, just go to the members page at and put in your user name or password - either one will work. This was a significant effort to consolidate literally hundreds of thousands of accounts and passwords with numerous different sections here all under one roof. The amount of time invested was significant but I think it's all worth it in the end.

The reason for the changes - you'll see. Not only are we now integrated with a single sign on for the forum and directory but there is also a publishing area where you can have your own account and publish your articles, upload legal forms, outlines - whatever - and it's all a part of your own account. In addition, support requests and premium extras (read below) are also integrated into the new support and billing system - it's pretty nice.

The payment portion? It's important that people who have put many years and much effort into premium content be able to recover some value. This is not going to take away from any free content - there will be plenty. This will enhance the amount of material we have available on the site and it's all accessible within your account too.

What switch?:confused: I usually stay logged in all the time, and have an automatic login when I call up the site. I probably won't know until I have to reboot. ;)

Took me an instant to change the password. No problems here.

Other than one minor glitch that's already been reported and fixed, all's well so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back