Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Smebody give me a clue.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

habius

Somebody give me a clue on this case i got on my hands. I work at a mall department store. Apparently i have been accused of luring a young girl(15) into the back room of my store and making lude and sexuall comments to her. All of these charges Find rediculous and have no idea who this female is. but police and mall security have questioned me and taken statements. All i can say in the statment is "i don't remember", which is the truth, I don't. the charges are false anyway. Now there are no other witnesses, no audio or video coverage of these events. It is just my word against hers. mean while this cop is going aroud to other store making it known what supposedly happened in my store and i'm getting dirty looks. he doesn't even have any evidence that i did this and yet he is actually doing alittle mud slinging. HELP!!!!

What does "I don't remember" mean? Either you do or don't know this girl. That itself doesn't sound good and might be why the police might feel justified in doing more investigation.

If the charges are untrue you have a case for slander against the girl. However, one might wonder what kind of money she has and whether an award will be meaningiful for you beyond the moral victory.

The term i don't remember" means just that. I don't know who this girl is or what she looks like. whether she is black, white or spanish is not in my common knowledge. I could not pick her out of a line up. i would unfair and untrue to tell the officers a description of what happened because i have no clue what this female is talking about. they ask me what do i remember about this and "I don't remember" is the aswer. They ask me a month later for acute details on something which i am positive did not happen.:eek:

What I am asking you is whether you remember being involved with someone in a manner similar to what the officers are claiming you did. If so, then you have your answer. If, to your best recollection you never uttered words as are claimed to any girl, then your answer should be that "it never happened" not that you don't remember such a thing happening. Perhaps this is all semantics here but it's not a great thing to say.

YEP

I have to agree Professor. It almost sounds like a 5th amendment declaration. "I have no recolection of that Your Honor"...

Originally posted by habius
The term i don't remember" means just that. I don't know who this girl is or what she looks like. whether she is black, white or spanish is not in my common knowledge. I could not pick her out of a line up. i would unfair and untrue to tell the officers a description of what happened because i have no clue what this female is talking about. they ask me what do i remember about this and "I don't remember" is the aswer. They ask me a month later for acute details on something which i am positive did not happen.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back