Small Claims Out of State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit1

Earlier this year I sold a car amplifier on Ebay. I shipped the amp and the customer received it and all was well. Four months later the Ebayer informed me that the amp was not working. I informed him that he would need to have it serviced by the manufacturer. My business is in Pennsylvania. and I shipped the amp to the customer who lives in Arizona

The ebayer then filed a small claims in Arizona. I received the summons in the mail. In response I filed for a change of venue and paid a $24.00 fee to do this. The court received the check and cashed it, however the hearing ended up taking place in Arizona. Since I was not able to show up the judgement was in favor of the plantiff, even though I asked for the change of venue .

Now the plaintiff is demanding payment and said that if I did not pay he would file for a Debtors Examination Order and that if I did not show up then a warrant would be issued for my arrest.

Can I be arrested for this? Also will something like this affect my credit and what options do I have at this time. I have responded to all the letters from the court, however it has gotten me no where.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back