Small Claim

Your opportunity to do anything about this is long past. You can't appeal or submit "new evidence" at this point.

Debt collectors are by and large scum. You'll not get anywhere threatening them, and there's little chance that negotiation will result in anything unless there is money attached to it. Be very careful in your conversations with them. If you give them any credit card or bank information, expect to find that used against you regularly. As they have a judgment, they likely can drain that account.

Note that the Fair Debt Collection Act only applies to third party collectors. If the collection agency BOUGHT the debt, then they're not a third party. They're now the creditor.

Thanks for writing.

I have a few ideas on what's next;

A:
---------
There wasn't any payment or communication with a debtor in 3 years --this is at Dynamic Solutions. Meaning, 4 more years and this will drop off the credit report; Will it be a restored lawsuit debt without service?

B:
--------
I have considered a goodwill dispute letter, to remove this from my record and negotiate through a third party (remediator or a lawyer) the one lawyer I communicated with, charging 50% off the debt to work on the case. This is not what I expected. I am searching for other leads as it is currently going up to $2600.

A few notes:
During the hearings, I had very strong evidence to dismiss the judgment; a) A known recording of the plaintiff rejecting my payment. b) A video of the plaintiff trying to dismiss another claim that was attached to this one, falsely claimed. Both evidence disapproved.
- I have also considered a professional review letter of this case, emailed to the court, along with the evidence, the experience and unfairness.

I would prefer waiting 4 more years if this is the best option. I felt like the judge was biased in every way, those plaintiffs are making the court's business, and he is a returning customer, sort of a serial lawsuit filer.

Thanks again for any shared knowledge, I do appreciate it.

Your credit report and the judgment are different things. Unfortunately you have a long way to go before this drops from your credit report. Payment toward the delinquent account/judgment could restart that clock back to day 1.

It sounds like it is well past time that you could appeal the judgment, so whatever evidence you think you have is likely moot.

If you wait it out and your credit report clears up that will not stop attempts to collect in the judgment.

If you negotiate a payment to resolve the judgment be sure to secure language in a written agreement that your credit report will be updated to something less derogatory.

Back