Sm

Myrtle

I was recently fired for violation of a substance abuse policy. I was on call on the Fourth of July and was called in. I'm in the medical field. I had a glass of wine at a barbecue before coming in. A tech brought the patient to me for the test and asked if I was drinking. I said I had a glass of wine earlier. Scanned the patient and left. I was called into HR Monday morning and told that the tech said I was slurring,which is not true, and he wrote an incident report. They told me to sign the paperwork and that I was terminated. There were never any tests done for alcohol and they never asked my side of the story. I only worked there PRN so it was not my full time job and I was wanting to leave anyway after the holiday so I signed the paper. Now my license is at stake. How do I proceed?

Based on what you posted, I don't see where your employer did anything illegal. You can be terminated for suspected substance abuse. "If" your license gets suspended, for example, is there an appeal process?

Back