Negligence, Other Injury slip and fall @ lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

marieone

Slipped on a paint spill @ a lowes store in Buford, Georgia. The lowes store has assigned a representative to my case. The accident happened at the end of October 2013 and since that day I have incurred bills from the emergency room (right after the accident occurred), orthopoedic doctor {along with xrays} for continuing back pain, physical therapy sessions and pain meds. All I want is for Lowe's to pay my medical bills.I have written the Lowe's representative re: where they stand on investigating my case because the bills are piling up and they have not responded. My insurance has paid for their portion of all the bills so far....all I want is for Lowes to pay the remainder. I am thinking of taking them to small claims court.Do I have a case and I how do I go about the small claims process?

These cases take time to investigate and resolve. Write a letter to the adjuster and include copies of PAID medical bills. See what he or she says.

Yes, you can sue anyone in small claims. Google your county, GA and you can see what needs to be done in your area.

But, suing doesn't mean prevailing, because you must prove Lowe's to have been negligent in not seeing and removing the alleged paint upon which you claim caused your fall. That's easier written than proven. Many people believe that just because you fall on something, the property owner is responsible. That's just NOT true. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back