situation with car, family and money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine

Situation: I was in a car accident in july. My car was pretty badly damaged. my insurance did not cover it. I had many choices of people to fix my car. after days of begging and pleading of my brother in law i decided on him under the terms that he would make my car look like it never was in an accident. As far as money he made me put 300.00 up front to get started and the deal was to ask me when he needs more for parts or whatever. Which i ended up giving him 400.00 more a month later and 75.00 more for a part I already bought that didn't fit. so i rebought the part.

Problem: It's now 21/2 months later I still have no car. All the parts are bought and all he has left is a few minor things. He said my car would be fixed in 2 weeks. but that turned into two months which caused me loss in work and lots of money from that. Now as far as I know I owe him nothing to get my car. I signed to nothing stating a certain amount. It was agreement that i paid for my parts which I've done. Now he wants me to pay another 500.00.

question: I didn't sign a contract. we're kinda family. Do I have to pay him? Can he keep my car if I don't? I own the car. And I had no clue about any balance. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back