K Visa Single to Married Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mildredac

My sister was petitioned by my US citizen father September 1992. She was single then, she got married 1999 and updated/reported her married status @ the National Visa Center shortafter the marriage. My father the petitioner received a Choice of agent notice along with a mail from NVC ( The immigrant visa petitioned filed on behalf of_______has arrived...) this January with my sister's updated record and her current married name, is this mean that her petition is still valid and go ahead and follow all the instructions from NVC? I heard from an immigration tv program that if you were petitioned single you should remain single, otherwise the petition is void and petitioner will have to do a new petition. Please validate. Thank you very much.

Why don't you contact the authorities directly?

You can telephone them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That phone number they gave is is always busy. They don't honor any email inquiry unless applicant will send the Choice of Agent form.

mildredac said:
That phone number they gave is is always busy. They don't honor any email inquiry unless applicant will send the Choice of Agent form.

It is your responsibility to reach them.
They will provide you with the correct answer.
Keep trying, you need them, they don't need you.
You could visit one of their offices.
You could write a letter to them or your congressman or senator, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back