signing over rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyanea

I am 7 months pregnant and the father of my child wants to sign over his rights to our baby.At first it bothered me but its just been me through bout this pregnancy he doesn't call to check on me to see if im doing okay or if the baby doing okay basically.So I am okay with him signing over his rights. ..Is it possible that I can go down to the courts and get the paper work started?

If he does not sign any birth documents and you don't go on Welfare, Food stamps or, Medicaid he wont have any rights to give up

I am 7 months pregnant and the father of my child wants to sign over his rights to our baby.At first it bothered me but its just been me through bout this pregnancy he doesn't call to check on me to see if im doing okay or if the baby doing okay basically.So I am okay with him signing over his rights. ..Is it possible that I can go down to the courts and get the paper work started?

Unless you're either married with a stepparent willing to adopt, or you live in Texas and can convince a Texas court that you will never ever ever need state assistance...

Ain't happening.

That being said, if you don't file for child support and he doesn't file for visitation/custody it amounts to the same thing, really.

I'm observed that if you let a sleeping dog lie, it usually stays asleep.

Avoid a dead beat, the deadbeat ain't gonna seek you out.

Run silent, run deep....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back