Corporate Law Signing a Contract as an employee for an employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpitbusiness

Fact:
- Work for an LLC.
- Am authorized to sign documents for employer.
- Signed contract as requested with outsourcing company.
- Contract clearly states its between (Our company) as facility and XYZ.
- Contract DOES NOT ID our company as LLC.
- Contract mentions XYZ as LLC but not in all areas.
- Contract mentions my name once as Attn to: when mailing notices or demands.

Signature line ID - Facility:
Sign my name - title - company abbreviation (didn't include LLC).

Other places I signed the same but it indicates : Facility Representative.

It is my understanding that as an employee signing this document even with the specified, I am fully covered and not obligated to this contract at all.

I have no idea what this means. You seem to be an independent contractor since you are an employee of the outsourcing company. The LLC is hiring you as an independent contractor via the outsourcing company and you have the authority to approve contracts and even sign documents - which is very rare. If your question is whether you are personally obligated on the contract then, yes, you are correct in that you are not liable for the contracts. However, it should be very clear that you are signing on behalf of the company and not yourself. It should not list you personally as the other party. Your ultimate liability has nothing to do with whether the company is an LLC but whether you are an authorized agent of your employer or, technically in this case, your "principal" (which would be the company who hired you as an independent contractor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back