Signed for vehicle 45 days ago still no delivery

Natural0462

Jurisdiction
Utah
Ordered a new vehicle $1000 deposits to place order and would be issued as a down payment on contract.. when vehicle was supposed to arrive dealer wanted to get paperwork completed so when vehicle shows up I could inspect and drive away..so did paperwork warrantee and all paperwork 2 days later when it was supposed to be delivered factory said something was wrong and had to go back to factory for repair. It has been 45 days since that happened. I had a new car payment due. Dealer said they would work with me and make the payment when it was time to pay they delayed and I made payment so my credit wouldn't be effected. Dealer now backing out and said they would only pay 30 days of interest. what can I do extended warranty,xm radio,wireless connection to vehicle. Can I back out of contract and recoupe all expenses occurred interest and payment and deposits that were made....they say vehicle should be here within 2 weeks now making it just over 60 from original signed contracts

Is there anything in your contact the promises delivery on a certain date?
Did you use dealer financing? Have you asked about delaying payments until the vehicle is delivered?

Is there anything in your contact the promises delivery on a certain date?
Did you use dealer financing? Have you asked about delaying payments until the vehicle is delivered?
No promise... first order stated June 2nd delivery after truck was made and they said factory lets them invoice the vehicle is only a few days out..yes did dealer financing for rebates at higher interest for 6 months but have to keep at least 20% financed ...I did ask about delay they said they can't change anything on the finance part...I would pay the total down to 20% but don't really want to put myself in a situation if the truck doesn't show up in the next couple weeks

If a delivery date is not in your contract you dont have much more you can do but make your complaint known to the powers that be at the dealership. They might find some offer to satisfy you and keep you a happy customer, but they don't have to.

Back