Consumer Law, Warranties Signed contract but was misinformed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayanna5

In 2002 I purchased a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant. While in the finance office the offered me a deal of almost 500.00 a month for 60 months. I declined and proceeded to leave. The dealers chased after me and said they had a better deal. I went back to check it out and was told they could get me in the car for 399.98 for 60 months. I asked how they said buy lowering the sales price. I agreed and went through the papers and signed as the finance officer explained what each paper was I was signing. Now I am ten months from my loan being paid, and I call to get a pay off quote. Mitsubishi tells me I still owe 9900.00 dollars. I asked how this was possible, they said I had a balloon loan. I was never informed of this. Am I know stuck because of my own ignorance of not reading the contract, and just taking the word of the finace officer? Can dealers misinform people, and get away by saying that the consumer signed?

You were not misinformed. In fact, it was in writing and you signed it.

You were not misinformed. In fact, it was in writing and you signed it.

I was misinformed, because I told I was getting a 60 month loan not a balloon loan . And in fact the dealers are in the BBB for doing this to others. Yes it was in writing and I signed it. Thanks so much for your knowledge and understanding.

I was misinformed, because I told I was getting a 60 month loan not a balloon loan . And in fact the dealers are in the BBB for doing this to others. Yes it was in writing and I signed it. Thanks so much for your knowledge and understanding.

You are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back