Siblings sharing a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleNapskees

Jurisdiction
California
I am planning to move into a house with my sister and brother in law. I have a 7 year old son and 1 year old daughter is it legal for them to share a room and when does it become illegal for them too?

That's fine - not illegal. The only times when there "might" be a problem is when foster children are involved or when a child is being considered for adoption.

There should be a disclaimer for people to read every other thread about siblings of the opposite gender sharing a bedroom. Sorry it just boggles my mind that's even a question for people to wonder about.

It should be common sense to run a search either here or online about one's topic before one comes to a legal website to ask the questions.

But, then, if everybody had common sense, we'd have nothing to do.

;)

It should be common sense to run a search either here or online about one's topic before one comes to a legal website to ask the questions.

But, then, if everybody had common sense, we'd have nothing to do.

;)
Wow! That is very rude to say. I did do a web search but since i never went to law school i wanted to make double sure because there is so much information. And to innuendo that i have no commen sense is just below your postion! I don't presume to know what you have gone through but it seems to me that you have no idea how scary it is to be all by yourself on a situation where you don't have a lot of knowledge. So excuseme for trying to get a concrete answer. Perhaps you should not answer any questions with opinion and just solid fact. Remember everyone has one and someone will think yours stinks.

I'm so sorry that i looked to this site for information if i knew i was just going to be made fun of then i would never have in the first place, you people should ask yourself why you got into this field in the first place. If it's just for the money then you shouldn't be answering questions from the public you never know what someone is going thorough and what they have been told by other people. So i ask you again look at why you got into the field and try to remember that people need help and it's jacka**es like Adjusterjack that make us afraid to ask because we don't want to be made to feel stupid!

You have to understand how often those of us who post on here see this question. If you'd searched this forum you'd see at least 10 - 15 recent posts about the exact same question. I might not have put it the same way as adjusterjack did, but my thought has always been if you can use a computer to find this website, you can probably also find the answer to the question in a variety of different places. This message board is not in any way the definitive answer on all things legal, any more than any of the other legal message boards out there are. Not everyone who replies on here is an attorney, nor are they required to be. And nobody gets paid to offer the facts or opinions they provide on here.

To address your original question: this is a rumor that has run rampant in recent years, primarily because of the number of people involved in breakups and custody battles who have had their ex tell them they are going to take the kids away or report them the children's services just because the children share a room. I've seen that used by people I know personally, just to try and stir up trouble for their ex. As has already been stated, there are no laws stating that siblings cannot legally share a room. At some point they are likely going to want to stop sharing a room because they want their own privacy and space. But there is no age where it suddenly becomes illegal for them to share a room, either.

Not everyone can afford to live in a big enough house for everyone to have their own room. As long as your children are being properly cared for otherwise, nobody is going to come in and remove them simply because they have to share a bedroom.

Wow! That is very rude to say. I did do a web search but since i never went to law school i wanted to make double sure because there is so much information. And to innuendo that i have no commen sense is just below your postion! I don't presume to know what you have gone through but it seems to me that you have no idea how scary it is to be all by yourself on a situation where you don't have a lot of knowledge. So excuseme for trying to get a concrete answer. Perhaps you should not answer any questions with opinion and just solid fact. Remember everyone has one and someone will think yours stinks.

It's not rude because almost every single day someone asks this question and it's pretty much a moot question. I'm not trying to be rude.

Most of the people who respond on here aren't lawyers and never went to law school. It is common sense.

Why would it be illegal for any siblings to share a room together let alone opposite gender siblings? To me that's just disturbing to me that anyone thinks there's a problem with that. If you are concerned about your opposite gender kids sharing a room - you have much bigger issues.

It is a fact that there is NO laws against except for if it's foster kids.

Maybe I was a little blunt and sorry but I nearly see it every day posted on here and I think if they had a thread posted at the top about this topic it would help people out rather than the same thing posted day after day.

Perhaps maybe you should read through the forum to see if someone else asked the same question before you get snippy about answers that are given too. It's a public forum to which anyone can post on and respond too (there's a disclaimer about that too fyi).

I'm so sorry that i looked to this site for information if i knew i was just going to be made fun of then i would never have in the first place, you people should ask yourself why you got into this field in the first place. If it's just for the money then you shouldn't be answering questions from the public you never know what someone is going thorough and what they have been told by other people. So i ask you again look at why you got into the field and try to remember that people need help and it's jacka**es like Adjusterjack that make us afraid to ask because we don't want to be made to feel stupid!

No one made fun of you. Don't take things posted on the Internet personally.

Again not a lawyer and most people who respond are not lawyers. No one makes any money posting on this site.

I think you need to check yourself before you start attacking people on a forum. No one else can "make" you feel stupid. That's all on you.

Isn't it good to know, just because you're not wealthy, you can provide your family with the most you can afford and not be prosecuted for it?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, POVERTY (or lack of wealth) isn't a crime in these here UNITED STATES.

Never worry or fret about things others say, only you can allow a person to insult you by reacting to any negative sentiments expressed by others. We're all free to ignore perceived insults of slights, just "grin and bear it".

Remember this: Sticks and stones many break my bones, but words can never hurt me.

On the other hand: Words can make us smile, giggle, laugh, and sigh; don't ever let words make you cry!

It's not rude because almost every single day someone asks this question and it's pretty much a moot question. I'm not trying to be rude.

Most of the people who respond on here aren't lawyers and never went to law school. It is common sense.

Why would it be illegal for any siblings to share a room together let alone opposite gender siblings? To me that's just disturbing to me that anyone thinks there's a problem with that. If you are concerned about your opposite gender kids sharing a room - you have much bigger issues.

It is a fact that there is NO laws against except for if it's foster kids.

Maybe I was a little blunt and sorry but I nearly see it every day posted on here and I think if they had a thread posted at the top about this topic it would help people out rather than the same thing posted day after day.

Perhaps maybe you should read through the forum to see if someone else asked the same question before you get snippy about answers that are given too. It's a public forum to which anyone can post on and respond too (there's a disclaimer about that too fyi).
I did ass but when you have real lawyers telling you one thing and have no money for one yourself there is only one place to look and the information was confusing. If you are not trained to be a lawyer then you shouldn't be answering questions for them

No one made fun of you. Don't take things posted on the Internet personally.

Again not a lawyer and most people who respond are not lawyers. No one makes any money posting on this site.

I think you need to check yourself before you start attacking people on a forum. No one else can "make" you feel stupid. That's all on you.
And you shouldn't be posting answers if you are not trained.

And you shouldn't be posting answers if you are not trained.

Read the disclaimer. Here I'll help you out and post it for you:

"Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only. When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people. The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience. The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states. It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance. Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege. For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising."

Simple enough for you? Maybe you should read disclaimers before you post on public forums. This page explicitly states at the bottom of the page that when you post on here you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people. That those who are providing the answers may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training.

You read the disclaimer right?

Maybe you should read the fine print before you post on forums. Also learn some English. Don't threaten people either.

I did ass but when you have real lawyers telling you one thing and have no money for one yourself there is only one place to look and the information was confusing. If you are not trained to be a lawyer then you shouldn't be answering questions for them

What is a real lawyer? Also if a lawyer told you that it's illegal to have opposite gender siblings share a room it's a good thing you didn't or couldn't hire them. Because they obviously are shitty lawyers if they told you anything like that. WE gave you the right information. It's been posted on here hundreds of times. Just Google things. That's it.

Again go read the disclaimer.

Here's a suggestion for the OP, and this is a serious suggestion not intended to make fun or be rude.

When someone tells you that it's illegal to have siblings of opposite sexes sharing a room, ask them to show you the law that says so. If they can't show it to you, likelihood is that no such law exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back