Criminal Trials, Hearings Should my son plead guilty of misdemeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckylucy50

My son was arrested for being in the local park after hours. The gate to the park was open when he went it. The sign posting the hours is a 6x8 inch sign and he did not see it. Since the gate was open, should he plead not guilty to this charge. If so, would he then need a lawyer or do you think something like this would be dropped? He is currently on probation.

Being that he is on probation I would get a lawyer and fight this one. That sounds really damn petty that they arrested him for being in the park after hours - they should have just told him to leave, and if he left let that be that. However, what probably happened is that the officer ran his info, found he was on probation and made the arrest.

Being that he's on probation I would not risk pleading guilty. I would defiantly get a lawyer, as he may be risking jail time.

Where in Michigan are you?

If Oakland County, for example, sorry but you should get a GOOD lawyer. one thing about Michigan, as a State it may rank last in percentage of good lawyers. We have the worst law school in the country:Cooley, graduating tons of lawyers. Detroit College of Law at MSU still sucks, even though it moved. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back