SHOULD I TAKE LEGAL ACTION

MadDad

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
After giving custody to mother n law... our child had to be rushed to the hospital by us the parents. A blood test ran all tests that are was relevant Including drug test everything came back clean the Drs couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. So that hospital had to fly her to Lexington hospitaL a much bigger more equipped hospital. They ran there to test as well..only this time it was said she had two drugs in her system.suboxone and meth which given the time is ridiculous to us the parents because she has no access to such... But even know they said it was due to the drugs..they did nothing for her..no liquids to flush them out no anything to treat or combat the so call diagnosis but something else that was strange was why did they go ahead and do a lumbar thing in her back to test meningitis and that was negative. Her symptoms were pale skin, confused looking, she slept for like 3 hours and when she got up that's when we noticed something was wrong.. so now dcbs got involved and did their questioning on my wife and her mother at the hospital..it was told to them the place it place at was here at my mom's house

. So now cps and wrote her a prevention plan saying not to allow mother and father and listed everybody that lives at my mom's house saying we can't be around our kids without the mother n law supervising until investigation. it's been one month and on the last day wrote on the plan a new work is lawyer goes to mother in laws house and rewrites the prevention plan and put it for another month. Nobody has been out to investigate..no papers no calls no contact at all My mother n law keeps saying they are coming out but never does. my little girl is still sick she's been to the hospital like 3 times and this last time they've said they are doing a heart scan..and why this is going I'm bound by what mother n law says cause she's doing what cps tells her to do... This is crazy Nothing is a court order or anything. my case has been closed for nearly 3 months

Nothing is a court order or anything. my case has been closed for nearly 3 months

If there are no court orders you likely have no obligation to abide by any of the agreements.

If the case is closed for 3 months it seems there is no further action pending.

You say they have not contacted you... Have you been attempting to contact them?

They ran there to test as well..only this time it was said she had two drugs in her system.suboxone and meth which given the time is ridiculous to us the parents because she has no access to such.

This statement is concerning. You are not denying the presence of the drugs in the home, just that access is believed to be restricted. It is entirely possible a child gains access or is exposed to drugs by secondary means. The only way there would be no access is if it is not in the home to begin with... Which is the statement I would expect if it were true.

Back