Should I just pay them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenaares

Me and my ex roommate moved out of our apartment. Almost a year later I got a notice from a creditor saying I owe money for damages. Contacted ex roommate and lease stated they were supposed to notify us in 30days of move out what security despoit was use for and/or damages. My ex roommate no longer knows where copy of lease is and the creditor still sends me bills. It's on my credit. So I just give in and go on a payment plan or something?

Before we go any further, were you actually served before judgement was entered?

Did you dispute this with the credit agencies? You should be talking to them, not the bozo sending you the letter.

And no... don't pay them a dime unless a court orders you to.

Let me get in on this, if you simply pay off because I say you owe me.

You owe me $25,678 because you never paid me that time after the time on that one day.

Pay up, or I'll raise my price.

Ima D. Mandyomoney, Esquire

It sounds like you weren't sued in court & a judgment entered against you. There is nothing to pay at this time. Contact the credit reporting agencies & dispute that you owe the money.

Agreed. Don't pay a darned red cent before you see a valid court order.

ETA: Oops - didn't see Betty's post. Agree with Betty's advice too.

There's been no court order. Landlord never sent me anything. Went to old landlord agent office after I got letter said "they had been back up when we moved out" they gave it other to debt people. The collecter put it on my credit after I sent a dispute letter. The send me letters every few months. I've block the numbers they were calling me from.

Ok. You then, as stated above, do not want to pay anything at this time since there is no judgment against you. Make a dispute with the the credit reporting agencies - they are the ones reporting the debt. Blocking the collector's # is good. Ignore the letters. Good luck.

ok went to experian and disputed. it says on report though that i dispute with them and it meets standards of fair credit act?

Are you saying you already disputed & that is what they came back & told you or are you saying that is what it says on the original report & you haven't heard back re the dispute yet?

There is all kinds of information on the internet as how to dispute info on a credit report if you do a google search.

Wait & see what Experian says about the dispute you sent to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back