Criminal Law Should I hire lawyer to renew my green card because of CIMT “FELONY eluding”!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me9uill0ry

Hello there

I have been living in Colorado State peacefully since I got my green card 10 years ago. My green card was based on marriage.
On September of 2009 I got arrested for a DUI. I had no criminal record in the both Japan and USA, so this was my first arrest ever for any reason. My BAC was 0.137.

DA offered me a deferred FELONY provided 2 years probation and alcohol classes, because I ran away from patrol cars when I was pulled over... My case will be dismissed 2 years later, it will not be expunged from the record though...

My lawyer warned me that I might be deported fifty-fifty...

Because I am a resident, not a citizen, I could face deportation, the reason is a FELONY eluding, which is considered a CIMT "Crime of Moral Turpitude"...

Fortunately, I haven't got "Notice of Removal Proceedings" from USCIS yet!

I completed my community services and Level II Education & Track B Therapy classes this month. I can complete to pay off my probation fees this year.

I have to renew my green card this year...
I am wondering whether my case is renewed with impunity!?

Should I hire an immigration lawyer to help my GC renewal from scratch!?

My husband recommends me to renew it by myself first... Then we should hire a lawyer when my renewal of GC denied…

However, I am scared if my application is denied, that would just make things even more complicated…. For example, I have to go the immigration haring with my lawyer…and so on. If it is once rejected by USCIS, the cost and risk of renewal would go up… I am worried…

Would you please give me advice!? What should I do!?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

I would actually get an attorney BEFORE you file.

Your situation is a bit tricky - I'd want to make sure I was aware of everything, and that everything is in order, before I filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back