Should I get ex parte for someone who is falsely accusing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy789

Jurisdiction
Missouri
A random person with whom I have very little contact suddenly started falsely accusing me for his failed marriage and is harassing me and my family. I went to file a complaint against him at the precinct but they instructed me to get ex parte against him but I fear I might get trapped in this endless legal cycle and will have to spend money on attorneys unnecessarily if I file exparte and the other guy also starts false legal proceedings against me. I dont have the time and energy to deal with this right now but also I am worried about my family's safety. PLEASE HELP

A random person with whom I have very little contact suddenly started falsely accusing me for his failed marriage and is harassing me and my family. I went to file a complaint against him at the precinct but they instructed me to get ex parte against him but I fear I might get trapped in this endless legal cycle and will have to spend money on attorneys unnecessarily if I file exparte and the other guy also starts false legal proceedings against me. I dont have the time and energy to deal with this right now but also I am worried about my family's safety. PLEASE HELP
-Define "harassing".
-Does the guy think you were fornicating with his wife?
-When you say "exparte" I assume you are referring to an ex parte restraining order?
-Why do you think you need to hire an attorney to file a TRO?

-Define "harassing".
-Does the guy think you were fornicating with his wife?
-When you say "exparte" I assume you are referring to an ex parte restraining order?
-Why do you think you need to hire an attorney to file a TRO?

- Yes for some reason he believes I am having an affair with his wife. I dont even know his wife.
- Yes by ex parte I mean restraining order.
- By Harassing I mean shouting at us on the road. Saying I will have dire consequences in the future.
- If I file TRO then if it goes to trial then I will have to hire attorney to deal with it.

- Yes for some reason he believes I am having an affair with his wife. I dont even know his wife.
- Yes by ex parte I mean restraining order.
- By Harassing I mean shouting at us on the road. Saying I will have dire consequences in the future.
- If I file TRO then if it goes to trial then I will have to hire attorney to deal with it.
"dire consequences"? He used that term?

No, you do not have to hire an attorney for the hearing. You do have to have proof that you are being harassed.

Yes he escalated the attack by lodging a vague false complaint against me with child services that I have assaulted his child. When the Councillor called his now ex wife to corroborate she said that nothing like this happened. This escalation in attack is what making me worried.

Yes he escalated the attack by lodging a vague false complaint against me with child services that I have assaulted his child.

Hmm, why would you be in the presence of a child NOT your own?

If you were UNINVOLVED sexually with his spouse, how could his spouse vouch for you?

No need to answer, the questions are ONLY for you to consider.

It might be time for you to "run silent" and "run deep".

If you don't the VIOLENCE might be next...

A random person with whom I have very little contact suddenly started falsely accusing me for his failed marriage and is harassing me and my family.

To whom is he making these accusations? Is he simply saying, "Jimmy is the reason for my failed marriage," or is he saying things that are more specific and factual? What exactly is he doing to harass you and your family (anything beyond "shouting at [you] on the road")?

I went to file a complaint against him at the precinct

Are you under the impression that this person has committed one or more crimes? If so, what crime(s) do you contend he has committed?

I fear I might get trapped in this endless legal cycle and will have to spend money on attorneys unnecessarily if I file exparte and the other guy also starts false legal proceedings against me.

What is the factual basis for this fear?

PLEASE HELP

What sort of "help" are you thinking that anonymous stranger on the internet can provide?

He just thinks that I am the one who is having an affair with his wife and based on this imagination he is making these accusations.

He just thinks that I am the one who is having an affair with his wife and based on this imagination he is making these accusations.

The twisted mind of such a person could lead said individual to suddenly become violent.

I suggest you visit the local police or sheriff and speak with a detective, ASAP.

People such as the one you described can suddenly explode in fits of violent outrage.

The twisted mind of such a person could lead said individual to suddenly become violent.

I suggest you visit the local police or sheriff and speak with a detective, ASAP.

People such as the one you described can suddenly explode in fits of violent outrage.

Thank you. I have gone twice in the last few months every time they turn me away saying since there is no crime they cannot register a case and I should just go for ex parte.

Thank you. I have gone twice in the last few months every time they turn me away saying since there is no crime they cannot register a case and I should just go for ex parte.

Please quit calling it an "ex parte". It is called a Temporary Order of Protection. Follow the link I gave you above. It will explain the process.

What evidence do you actually have of the threats?

What evidence do you actually have of the threats?

That's the thing it was just verbal to me in front of my wife. That is why I am not sure if I should go for TRO and escalate this further or just keep low and hope that he leaves us alone.

That's the thing it was just verbal to me in front of my wife. That is why I am not sure if I should go for TRO and escalate this further or just keep low and hope that he leaves us alone.

It's unlikely that you'll get any sort of restraining order based on this.

Then what should I do if he accuses me of something else in the future?

If you AVOID him, he won't be in a position to pester you.

Place a restraining order on yourself.
You don't need to go to court.
You just need to BANISH him (and others like him) out of your life.

People can only annoy, harass, pester, threaten, or molest you IF you allow yourself to be in their presence.

If you AVOID him, he won't be in a position to pester you.
This is true but the OP implies that this is a matter of the other guy either going out of HIS way, or of random encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back