Should I get an attorney or take them to small claims court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeline0808

A Lowes delivery truck struck my parked vehicle on a residential street. They admit it was their fault, but their insurance will not pay to have it fixed or the value of the vehicle. The estimate is at $1100 and the fair market value according to Kelley blue book is $745. It has taken them over a month to make me an offer of a big $50. My question now is do I obtain an attorney for such a small amount or do I take this large corporation to small claims court? What records should I obtain and can I ask for compensation for leaving me without this vehicle for such a long period of time? Can I also ask for compensation for my time absent from work in regards to this situation? Is there any other advice you could share with me?

If they admit to being at fault I don't understand their hesitance to pay. Are you leaving something out? Why are they offering you $50 on a $1100 repair? The answer to your question really depends on how confident you are in handling the small claims court action. I think you should handle it yourself. They will have to send an attorney and in my opinion they are likely to settle before court.

You will not be able to sue for missed work, you are required to find another way to work. You can sue for a working car though, and any possible personal injury. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back