Should i be worried about a county campus security background check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 3-4 years ago i got a misdemeanor marijuana ticket. It was under the felony limit. I live in California. Call it a young and stupid mistake. The weed wasn't even mine to begin with. I know how that sounds but its true. I took the rap for someone who i thought was my friend so he didn't loose his kids. After that i completely changed my life. Right now i work for a private security company. I've already went though the background check for the company im with now. Im trying to get a county campus security job for the high schools in my county. Should i be worried about the background check? Im not going to lie or anything on my application. I've spent a lot of money getting my certificate for this job. Did i waste my hard earned money and time? Please help guys im so worried and bummed. Also this is my first and only offense. My ticket was 1000 dollars and 3 yrs probation. I've paid all fines and did my 3 yrs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

About 3-4 years ago i got a misdemeanor marijuana ticket. It was under the felony limit. I live in California. Call it a young and stupid mistake. The weed wasn't even mine to begin with. I know how that sounds but its true. I took the rap for someone who i thought was my friend so he didn't loose his kids. After that i completely changed my life. Right now i work for a private security company. I've already went though the background check for the company im with now. Im trying to get a county campus security job for the high schools in my county. Should i be worried about the background check? Im not going to lie or anything on my application. I've spent a lot of money getting my certificate for this job. Did i waste my hard earned money and time? Please help guys im so worried and bummed. Also this is my first and only offense. My ticket was 1000 dollars and 3 yrs probation. I've paid all fines and did my 3 yrs.

More than likely you received a deferred adjudication or diversionary sentencing.

Bottom line, you did as they told you, paid them their money, stayed out of trouble while on paper, time passes, the entire charge was PROBABLY dismissed.

How do you know?

You should have received a paper telling you so.

How can you check?

Ask the court that sentenced you or the probation officer or probation office that supervised you.

If none of the above happened for you, kiss the new job (maybe the current one) goodbye!!!

Well i just checked the court site and i guess im not off probation. Its not real probation Its court probation. And what do you mean kiss my current job good bye? I've had my current job for over a year. My court probation is up in a couple months. Your reply confused me. and also i don't remember signing anything or getting anything in he mail. All i have is receipt saying i paid my fine in full. And also i dont have a probation officer. The ticket they gave me was a traffic citation also. Confusing i know.

Well i just checked the court site and i guess im not off probation. Its not real probation Its court probation. And what do you mean kiss my current job good bye? I've had my current job for over a year. My court probation is up in a couple months. Your reply confused me. and also i don't remember signing anything or getting anything in he mail. All i have is receipt saying i paid my fine in full. And also i dont have a probation officer. The ticket they gave me was a traffic citation also. Confusing i know.

I don't know your case.
I don't need to know your case.
You're still on probation, huh?
You might want to discuss this with a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back