Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shopping Lifting In VA.. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer_loving

so i shoplifted at a store. They called the cops and i was charged with petite larceny for a product of 30 dollars. It was dumb idea, i should have just paid for the damn thing. But anyways, that happened in august. Its almost october and my court date is on the 12. I received a public defender but unfortunately, after leaving 50 messages, she still hasn't returned my messages or my emails. I am really nervous on how to prepare because no one is here to help me. i really about to find a lawyer and pay them to take my case because honestly, i am a college student. I am applying to medical school in june and I need this off my record. Is there anything i should be doing? Should I get a lawyer that can work with me to get it off my case? Is there any hope of getting it off record? I just really need some answers.

Thanks so much

If you can afford a Lawyer then you do not qualify for Public Defender. The PD will likely contact you on the day you go to court and will have already worked a deal with DA. Since your concerned (rightfully so) about your record make sure any deal he offers includes keeping this off your record. Diversion or ACD are the options you seek. PDs are overwhelmed with cases and rarely retun calls etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back