Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anil

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hello sir/madam i was caught in shoplifting at walmart Phoenix arizona and took me to police station then i appointed an attorney and pleaded for guilty and took 16 hrs of counseling and i got a certificate of dismissal, mu question is i travelled twice to india while the case is active , can i travell to india now because i live in atlanta now , will there be any risk at port of entry. Thak you

You should be fine. This was a very petty offense and you earned a dismissal, meaning you were never actually convicted.

You might try and contact the attorney who represented you to verify, or the court clerk could also verify the outcome.

I am out of state now how, when i ask my attorney before last visit she told me to take opinion with immigration attorney but i went and come back, but my doubt is will there be any hard issues with port of entry bcoz government had changed so

As you describe it you were never convicted, so there should be no problem. You should try and confirm with the court that the outcome of your issue was not a conviction. Even so, a petty offense like this should not be a problem for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back