Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade723

Should I plead guilty or not guilty for shoplifting? Can I get this off my record since I'm a minor? Do I go to court? What do I do in court?

Should I plead guilty or not guilty for shoplifting? Can I get this off my record since I'm a minor? Do I go to court? What do I do in court?

As a minor, you can't do anything.
Your parents must appear with you and plead for you.
I suggest you discuss this with them.
Don't worry, as a minor, you'll be given great leeway with a small transgression.
Have your parents or guardians hire a lawyer. If that isn't possible, ask them to request a public defender to help you. In the meantime, behave yourself, don't discuss this with anyone but your parents and your lawyer, and stay out of that store.

Last edited:
I shoplifted with my 19 year old sister.

Then we paid for the stuff my dad bought and we got caught and now I have to go to court and have a fine of $39.96.

The less you say, the better off you are. (Friendly MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:

Plead not guilty and hire a Lawyer or request public defender. When you meet this Lawyer ask about plea options like ACD or Diversion which should protect your record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back