Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft shoplifting--need help fast!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbird

I am a senior citizen and was caught shoplifting some medication Pepcid AC (16.99) at a local Safeway store. It was a moment of desperation as I am not in good health, I am receiving treatment for depression which most likely contributed to this act. Safeway had me sign a restitution agreement and a form prohibiting me from all of Safeway stores in the State of Washington. After this, the police was called and they came to the store. The police officer asked the undercover employee what did they want to do and they said, Safeway prosecutes. With that, the Officer asked me to stand up, he placed me under arrest while handcuffing me while reading me my rights. He made me stay this way until he wrote up a citation with a court date. I kept asking him to remove the cuffs as they were on extremely tight and cutting into my hands, but he refused. I feel really horrible about what I have done, this is my first offense. I know from what I have read that I probably won't get any jail time. My concern is this. I called the courts about the court date and then wanted to be transferred to a public defender. They said a public defender would be given on the court date, depending on my plea. I don't know how to plea. Can anyone tell me what my next step should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back