Sheriffs neglect to administer Ordinance 17-01 resulting in loss of personal property

Kim Benoit

Jurisdiction
Florida
short version hoping I get you enough information. I believe I've got most all information together showing clearly the cause of my issue , and I need an attorney that's not afraid of law enforcement
My issue is 99% caused by Lee County Sheriff Officer K. Officer K is the head officer in control of administering Lee County Ordinance NO. 17-01 on page 30 sec 23 (a) sheriff is solely responsible for the administration of this ordinance. I contacted him regarding unlawful charges (pg 33) and concern about Lee County Sherifs office requested the removal of vehicle (that LCSO confirms untrue) that I received by certified mail (pg 5 Non Consent Towing) by now what is known by an ILLEGAL towing company in which currently the states attorney has contacted me about and is bring info to hearing examiner. Officer K at my request went to confront company regarding Request of removal (and informed me they were legal) (pg 7 ,8,9,13,15,16,17,18)to be legal. An Operators permit issued by Sheriff a background check , facility etc....the tow company simply put James D on tow ticket (pg 14 tow ticket requirements)
Somehow now the report also shows my fiancee having vehicle removed which is not only a LIE it would also make it no longer a private property tow???Officer K and neglecting to do his job and treating me like scum has lead to the loss and sale of my truck ..with a few phone calls i have documentation showing address of business facility is not allowed by zoning to have an IMPOUND yard which is a requirement, for PPT towing owner has 3 grand theft auto convictions (Which you can't have to obtain a operator permit), 5 plus burglary convictions, over 7 yrs in prison. The day before the towing company would take ownership of my truck illegally I have a text conversation showing I tried to go pay the $1977 to get my truck with a visa credit card and text shows Steve Cortes demanding cash only and officer K confirmed (pg 18 my payment must have been ACCEPTED). The illegal Towing company with the help from Officer K took ownership and sold my truck for $6000.00 it was worth closer to $8500 and was our ONLY TRUCK FOR OUR SELF EMPLOYMENT. Cortes has since called my middle son threatening to "cut him up and send his homeboys" and added "he knew where I lived" I lost my oldest son 20 months ago this has given me such anxiety after seeing his criminal record of 43 arrests. I know have learned that the sheriffs office has hired a lawyer. PLEASE I need HELP AND OR ADVICE

The internet is of no use to you.

Look around your state and/or county, HIRE yourself a lawyer you trust.

I agree. Your situation has developed to a point that you will require legal counsel to achieve your goal. You are beyond the point of trying to resolve this on your own.
You need someone to assist you to organize your complaint.
Use the "find a lawyer" link near the bottom of this page or let your fingers do the walking.
When seeking an attorney I encourage you to keep the synopsis brief and let the attorney ask questions to fill in the gaps. If you drop the story on them as you did here you will probably lose their interest.

I need an attorney that's not afraid of law enforcement

All the attorneys I know (myself included) have no fear of law enforcement.

There is nothing to fear about those who choose to protect and serve the citizenry.

Day after day, these brave professionals stand between a civilized, orderly, lawful society and bands of aggressive, lawless thugs who readily, eagerly pillage, loot, maim, kill, and destroy all of the things each of us works for, loves, and endeavors to protect.

Occasionally one of these honorable, brave professionals goes rogue, but so do plumbers, teachers, lawyers, even children.

Your problem wasn't caused by any particular deputy sheriff, or even the high sheriff.

Law enforcement professionals don't make our laws, they simply enforce them.

It also sounds as if the ordinances in question are civil in nature. Sheriff wouldn't have much to do but encourage the parties to settle it in court

Back