Sharing Picture of Friends Home

D

Danda12c

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
Hey guys, I posted a picture of a friends home on my Instagram (well the picture she took was taken from a window looking outside to the bay area). I liked the picture alot since she took it from her high rise condo. I decided to share it on IG with a quote below it saying "Work in Silence and let your success speak volumes"..Someone commented and asked me if it was my property and I said 'I am working on expanding my "territory"...Well, my friend saw this post and said that I am infringing on her personal space and her property while also claiming it as mine for the entertainment of social media when clearly it was just a cool picture from a window. All you can really see from the picture that belongs to hers is her TV. I deleted the picture but she is said she will be getting a Subpoena to get the picture back and take me to court (she is a lawyer)...So, did I do anything wrong? I dont recall her ever saying not to share the pictures and further more, I had no idea it was her condo untill after the fact that she told me..Just thought it was a good picture!

Will she actually sue you?
Lawyers, some lawyers to be more precise, are prone to uttering such threats.
I suggest you remain silent while you wait and see.
If you are sued, simply show up and tell your side if the story.
There are no damages she can prove, in my view, but she might be dumb enough to try and get a dollar just to prove a point.
As suggested, stop posting to social media, and remove one friend from your Christmas card list.

Back