Copyright Sharing images from throughout the Web on Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan043

Hi all,

I am in the process of creating a Facebook fan page to share pictures of military-type uniforms. The only way I can share pictures like this is if I find them on Google Images. However, I'm wondering about the legality of taking images from Google Images in order to share on Facebook. Can anyone tell me what the best way to share these images legally is?

Thank you!

Dan

Hi all,

I am in the process of creating a Facebook fan page to share pictures of military-type uniforms. The only way I can share pictures like this is if I find them on Google Images. However, I'm wondering about the legality of taking images from Google Images in order to share on Facebook. Can anyone tell me what the best way to share these images legally is?

Thank you!

Dan

There is no best way, other than to take your own photos.
I suppose you could seek official photos from the military organizations themselves, which would allow you to use them on your FB page.
If you use photos from Google, you'll eventually be approached by the scammers telling you that you've violated a copyright or some other obscure law. They'll demand tribute and threaten to sue you into homelessness.

If you're smart, you'll avoid using Google images.

There is no best way, other than to take your own photos.
I suppose you could seek official photos from the military organizations themselves, which would allow you to use them on your FB page.
If you use photos from Google, you'll eventually be approached by the scammers telling you that you've violated a copyright or some other obscure law. They'll demand tribute and threaten to sue you into homelessness.

If you're smart, you'll avoid using Google images.

That's very interesting. Thanks for the info. I know there are pages on Facebook that post pictures of different emergency (police and fire) vehicles. Some of those pictures are submitted by fans of the page but I don't think they all are. Any idea how these types of pages work without getting sure? Thanks again!

If you're not sure whether or not what you want to do will get you in copyright or any kind of trouble, it's best you don't do it.

You could I guess if you really want to do this is talk to a copyright attorney.

Someone else might have something else/additional to tell you.

If you're not sure whether or not what you want to do will get you in copyright or any kind of trouble, it's best you don't do it.

You could I guess if you really want to do this is talk to a copyright attorney.

Okay, it looks like it may be best to just not do it, like you said. :( Thanks for the help!

Okay, then maybe it will just be best to not do it. It would be fun but I think the legal risk is too much. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back