Shared Well Misuse

B

Beej13

Jurisdiction
Arizona
There are 3 families sharing the well. One household was sued last year for abusing the well/water and causing damage by running the well dry on 3 occasions by using a gold sluice. That neighbor is again engaging in using the sluice and the water bill has doubled as has usage. The well is located on my property and is for household use per the well agreement. We are considering a civil case to stop the abuse and revise the well agreement to block this person from the well agreement. Is this the proper way to move forward to eliminate this problem. How do I find an attorney to help in such a case?
Thanks

Is this the proper way to move forward to eliminate this problem.

Might be the "legally" proper way but I suspect you'll be wasting your money since lawsuits and agreements apparently don't stop this neighbor from doing what he is doing.

Comes a time when you have to weigh the costs of litigation and enforcement against the cost of drilling your own well and letting the other two fight it out.

How do I find an attorney to help in such a case?

There's a lawyer directory at the top of this page, google, or local yellow pages, or even the same lawyer you used last time. Then start making phone calls.

Back