Shared Lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay

My roommate and I are equal co-lessees on NYC apartment for one year ending May 15th.

I sublet my room in the two bedroom apartment to my roommates friend for 3 months.

While I was away my roommate moved her boyfriend into the apartment without my consent, and as the lease is up May 15th told me that she wants to take over the lease with the other subletter and boyfriend through many harassing and dictatorial emails.

She has moved herself and her boyfriend into my room, putting my things in the hall and has a different person in the apartment now whom she is calling her new permanent roommate because the original subletter left a few days ago. None of which is confirmed with the landlord.

I told her I wanted to keep the lease, I told her not to touch my things.
She ignored this and has demanded that I remove my things by May 15th.

The landlord has said that the lease can go month to month until this is sorted out -ie: not signing a new lease with her. She has also told her not to remove my things.

I cannot return to live in such a situation and feel compelled to move my possessions out, although the landlord has said that she would sign a new lease with me. The landlord does not wish to officially evict her, but wait for her to do something directly towards the landlord, giving grounds for eviction.

Do I have a case in small claims court for this harassment and displacement and her breaches of the lease agreement?
What do I need for a case such as this in small claims court ( evidence)?
Is there anything I should document or do to protect my rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back