Shady Landlord - Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdot42

Before that, we use to be in another unit that was a 2 brd and moved into a 1 bdr. We moved out of our 1 bdrapartment on November 8th with proper notice. We received a letter from the landlord after 21 days. it says we owe him 387 dollars which is ridiculous because we are not dirty, destructive people. He's charging us 47 dollars for the screen door with a bent frame that was already like that since we moved in, 50 dollars for items dumped next to the dumpsters?, 155/165 damages to the building/deck because of sattelite and cable (the satellite dish does not belong to us, belongs to the tenants downstairs, and they used a pipe and some glue type to make sure the pipe is secure instead of drilling holes and what not. The cable wires have been in that apartment for a long time because when we had cable installed, the installer said that the apt didn't have cable for 10 yrs), charged us for mildew caulking in the tub, and jipped us on our deposit by 200 dollars saying we only paid 550 instead of 750 but i have all the paperworks and the calculations are correct. Sadly, I do not have any pictures which I should of done. We have called him many times and he does not pick up or return our calls when we leave messages. The previous manager and his girlfriend told us that he is very shady and has been taken to court by other previous tenants. I need advice on what to do. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back