Shady Home Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandystev

My jurisdiction is: Maryland

I purchased my home in 2002 when the State of Maryland was in a drought. My area was so dry that people were cited for watering their lawns or washing their vehicles. After attempting to settle 3 times, because everytime we tried to settle it was raining and revealed just how bad that roof was. The seller, then said they would put a brand new roof on the house. Well they did but they put a roof on the house that was not uniformed in cost with the homes in the neigborhood. The first year 3 shingles blew off the house. 2 years later the entire back slope blew over the house and caused damage to my vehicle and my neighbor's vehicle as well. This year the ridge cap blew off along with several shingles, mind you no other homes in my area had damage to their roofs not even the house that is attached to mine. The seller was Freddie Mac and I feel like no one is listening to me. The average cost for a new roof in my neighborhood is $2400 I just found out that Freddie Mac hired this roofing company to put on a brand new roof for $1700. Although I was told that they were installing a 25 year roof and the warranty would be given to me at settlement I never did receive the warranty and am paying dearly for it. I have no peace. Everytime my area gets a wind gust of 20 miles an hour, I begin to hyperventilate. What and who can I hold responsible for this? As I previously stated, I had only been in the house 1 year before the shingles began to come off. Please help me with legal advice. Oh, I forgot to mention that Freddie Mac offered me 3 of my homeowners insurance deductibles back. What a joke.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back