Shady Auto Repair

Barb Pierpont

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hi, I'm trying to find some information for my son who now lives in Nevada but has had a civil suit filed against him in PA.

Before he moved, over a year ago, he took his engine to a shop and was told what he needed done would cost $3000 and would be completed within 3 months. (He paid the $3000 up front and In addition, gave them $5,000 in parts for the car.) He needed it completed in this time frame because his company was going to pay to ship his car across country. The work was not completed within the 3 months and the owner had a different excuse every time he called and always said it would just be another week or 2. It has now been over a year and he still doesn't have his car and now the shop owner says he can get the engine but he now owes him $11,000 more! Not just a few more bucks... it's crazy! Supposedly, he did some high performance work on it, but that was not asked for or authorized. My son went through all this with the guy and said can't pay that and he didn't want all that etc... however, this guy is obviously is a crook and has filed a civil suit against my son!?! The problem is there is no paperwork that he remembers, but this also mean the shop owner has none either. He just paid the guy and expected the work to be done and get his car back... I know, big mistake. Anyway, any advice, ideas, suggestions would be much appreciated. He is across the country and has been trying to straighten this out for more than a year. We tried the BBB but that was no help and seems that pissed this guy off which is why he filed suit. I'm in NC, so it's not like we can go to his shop very easily. I just don't even no where to start. Thank you!

Back