Sexual Offender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenb2012

First off this has legally nothing to do with me im just tired of watching my mom go through it. So with that said ill tell you everything from begining until present.

My mom got married i cant remeber the year but In 2002 my stepdad was found guilty for molesting a 13 yr old. He did his time in jail and he got out. Everything was fine afterwards and in 2004 my sister was born. He became abusive to my mom in 2007 he was arrested and taken to jail where he served more time. My mom sister and I lived in a battered womens shelter. She was pregnant when he hit her she lost the baby. She filed a restraining order which states that he isn't to come around my mom or minor children. I was a minor at the time and my sister still is. She's 9 im 19.(2013) In 2010 he started popping up at my moms apartment and sitting outside watching following her. And each yime my mom has made called the police and filled a report this is STILL happening. Last week he even went up to my sister school and tried to make contact with her unsupervised thank god she was at a field trip. The school called my mom and my mom went to the school and filed a reprt again and about a hour after we got home I went outside to talk on the phone and he was sitting outside in his car so I hung up and called the cops and went back inside to inform my mom went back outside and he was gone. The cops took about 2 hours to get here as usual. And when they did they added to the report from the school. They told my mom to go to the courthouse and press chargers. She did and when she called to check on the status they said that he didn't violate anything. Meaning that he can go up to the school whenever he wants becauee he's not on probation and my sister name is listed so he can see her whenever. Even tho when they got a divorce the jdge clearly stated he wasn't to have supervised visitation with her. Please explain to me why they aren't doing anything so I can help my mom fix it she's already on anti depressants im tired of watching her go through this.

Unless there is actually an order preventing him from being in contact with your sister, he hasn't broken any laws. A restraining order generally will not include a blanket "can't be around children" clause, either unless it's a criminal restraining order (versus civil), and handed down as part of sentencing. It sounds like this is what actually happened.

So, the first question is this:

Is your sister NAMED in the restraining order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back