Sex offender working near a church

Status
Not open for further replies.

James8588

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Sex offenders that committed their crime post 2006 have a 1000 foot restriction on where they can work and live. The two main places that restrict where we can work are schools and churches. Now I understand the restriction on schools, but the 1000 foot restriction on churches just blows my mind.

I am allowed to attend a church whenever I want for Sunday and Wednesday services and whenever they have small group, but I can't work within 1000 feet of one? Here in the medium sized city of Gainesville, there are churches every 10 feet and people take a 1 bedroom house, out a cross out front and call it a church and I can't work near it. Doesn't matter if the church has a playground, kids at it, nothing. If it has the name of a church, we can't work near it.

This has stopped me from getting 4-5 jobs, and moving up in the company I am currently in. So my question is this...

Would it be possible, and what steps would I have to take, to try and get this restriction removed, not just for me, but for all sex offenders. How would I go about talking to the right person or bringing a case like this to the people that could change something of this magnitude.

The restriction is absurd and stops the majority of sex offenders from getting jobs

The restriction is absurd and stops the majority of sex offenders from getting jobs
No...just jobs near churches. If it's such an inconvenience for you...move.

You will find that few people have sympathy for convicted sex offenders.

No...just jobs near churches. If it's such an inconvenience for you...move.

You will find that few people have sympathy for convicted sex offenders.

Yeah, I'll just pack up and move because it's that easy for us! I appreciate your useless comment. And although I'm not going to change your mind in a few sentences, it's because the few have given a bad name to the many. You only hear of the worst of the worst on the news and TV and believe that's how all of us are. My conviction consists of me going to a Halloween fraternity party in college, taking a girl home and sleeping with her (because she was cute and drinking at a college party) and the cops came and arrested me 3 weeks later. Congrats on doing the same thing I did in college but not getting so unlucky as to the girl being underage.

I understand it's a modern day witch hunt but again, it's because the media portrays the worst of the worst and that's all society knows.

My conviction consists of me going to a Halloween fraternity party in college, taking a girl home and sleeping with her (because she was cute and drinking at a college party) and the cops came and arrested me 3 weeks later. Congrats on doing the same thing I did in college but not getting so unlucky as to the girl being underage.

I understand it's a modern day witch hunt but again, it's because the media portrays the worst of the worst and that's all society knows.
Your offense consisted of you having sex with a minor. You obviously have no remorse for what you did and you take no personal responsibility for what you did. You are among "the worst of the worst" in my opinion.

Your offense consisted of you having sex with a minor. You obviously have no remorse for what you did and you take no personal responsibility for what you did. You are among "the worst of the worst" in my opinion.

And your opinion doesn't matter. I will recreate this thread because I am looking for legal advice on this legal forum, not the words of an opinionated child

Thread closed, don't open another thread asking the same or similar question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back