Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Sex offender registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

blademcquarrie

Long story short,I was charged of indecent liberty with a minor involving my wife's younger sister.Her father was trying to split us up,so he promised her little sister,who was 12 at the time,to say I touched her,and if she did,he would buy her a horse.Well,she did and he gave her a horse.Long story short,I had a crappy lawyer who did not show up in court.When the det came and took me downtown with my wife,he told me if I did not admit to something that I was going to jail.Well,my wife told me to just put something down,which I did.Well,go figure,I ended up being charged with a felony,pulled 6 months in jail plus a load of fines.With no prior history,and I didn't even do anything. I have had people tell me that the det coerced me into making a statement with threats of jail time to get a conviction.So my question is,how long do I have to register............,the sister didn't even testify against me,I have my wife's backing plus her mom's,...........and,if I get a real lawyer,can I get it taken off my record or something.This happened in 1998.Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back