Sex Harassment Investigation & Procedure

R

Recovery-101

Jurisdiction
New York
Hello.

I filed a complaint against a gentlemen within my workplace. We are both Pharmacists. This guy made sex advances toward me and sent me some sick e-mails and nude photos of himself.

I reported him to the Board of Pharmacy NY State directly. They were accomodating thus far. They notified me and told me they take this seriously and are investigating. I also learned this person had a history of inapproiate sex relationships and may suffer from a sex addiction.

My questions are:

1. It has been 3 weeks: do you think this person was notified as of yet about the Investigation?

2. The Board did not request the photos as of yet. I mentioned it and I was told if they need them they will get back to me and let me know: How can they come to a firm conclusion about the allegations without viewing the photos?

3. Does any one have knowledge about Pharmacy board investigations? What do they investigate besides my allegations and whatever the other party tells them?

4. Whatever the result of the investigation? Do i have the right to hire counsel and still sue thos guy for what he put me through in spite of what the Board concludes?

5. What will happen to him if they find him respoonsible for sex harassment? I feel the photos are so graphic that they have to have a definite impact on disciplinary measures?

Any advice helpful: I would rather only have replies from those familiar with Pharmacy Board procedure and rules. The Pharmacy Board rules for investigation vary considerably in comparison to HR dept procedures. For example: weather a complaint is proven or not it becomes a permanent part of the Pharmacists file: Plus is public record permanently.

Why did you choose to report this sick, perverted, sadistic freak to the pharmacy board, and NOT your employer?

I suggest you reconsider, and file a claim with your employer.

In addition, it is certainly advisable to retain a licensed attorney to protect your interest.

Additionally, I'd seek mental health counseling for the abuse you've suffered, by consulting a psychiatrist, psychologist, and sexual abuse counselor.

Once you've been assessed, retained counsel, reported this perverted freak to your employer, enrolled yourself in therapy, focus on you.

Don't worry about what the board may do to the pervert, concentrate on your well being and mental health.

Lastly, I'd seriously consider filing a civil lawsuit, as well as pursuing any criminal law remedies available to you.

Your attorney and psychiatrist should work together to assist you in determining how best to proceed, and when to proceed.

I wouldn't have done anything without first reporting this savage to your employer.

Good luck.

Generally speaking, professional boards are only concerned with conduct which affects their professional duties, not general workplace rules. If he were dispensing meds without a script, that would be of concern to them. Have you reported this to your employer?

Hello.

I filed a complaint against a gentlemen within my workplace. We are both Pharmacists. This guy made sex advances toward me and sent me some sick e-mails and nude photos of himself.

I reported him to the Board of Pharmacy NY State directly. They were accomodating thus far. They notified me and told me they take this seriously and are investigating. I also learned this person had a history of inapproiate sex relationships and may suffer from a sex addiction.

My questions are:

1. It has been 3 weeks: do you think this person was notified as of yet about the Investigation?

2. The Board did not request the photos as of yet. I mentioned it and I was told if they need them they will get back to me and let me know: How can they come to a firm conclusion about the allegations without viewing the photos?

3. Does any one have knowledge about Pharmacy board investigations? What do they investigate besides my allegations and whatever the other party tells them?

4. Whatever the result of the investigation? Do i have the right to hire counsel and still sue thos guy for what he put me through in spite of what the Board concludes?

5. What will happen to him if they find him respoonsible for sex harassment? I feel the photos are so graphic that they have to have a definite impact on disciplinary measures?

Any advice helpful: I would rather only have replies from those familiar with Pharmacy Board procedure and rules. The Pharmacy Board rules for investigation vary considerably in comparison to HR dept procedures. For example: weather a complaint is proven or not it becomes a permanent part of the Pharmacists file: Plus is public record permanently.
Why didn't you tell your employer and/or the police?

Back