Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication SET UP !/ Drug possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfurmato

Im a concerned mother of a 13 year old who is being accused of possesion. Ive tried to get help from many different places and its tearing up my whole family. On 5/11/2005 my son was outside in gym when he was approached by a gym teacher asking where his bookbag was. My son not knowing what was going on led the teacher inside to the gym where he left it but it was gone. They looked in the locker room and them back out into the gym where they finally found it 3 or 4 risers up on the bleachers. My son was horrified to see the gym teacher pull out a little baggie with a flake of weed inside.( I really mean a flake) Immediately my son began to get upset. He told the teacher he did not put it there but they brought him to the office anyway and I was called. Ironically my son has been having on going problem with certain groups of boys, two of them are in his gym class, problems resulting in physical altercations(being punched and knocked out on the bus stop and fighting in gym) the principal, the guidance councelor and some of his teachers were aware of the situation. The next day I went in to talk with the pricipal with my son and he told the pricipal his side of the story and the bottom line was "possession is possession" Zero Tolerance! It doesnt matter if he was set up or not. Oh and by the way an anoymous tipper told them about the bookbag! Ironic isnt it! So the principal said 10 days suspension and recomendation to a alternative learning center . I feel that my son is getting the ROYAL SCREW and there is nothing I can do about it he is not a criminal but a victim. I had him drug tested and it came back neg. and I also appealed to the school board for ALC placement. I called some lawyers but no one wants to help because he was not charged with anything. I also called the superintendant of our school system and they referred me to student ass. where Im currently waiting to here for a hearing date. Im so scared for him because the ALC school is for children that I dont want my son around and this also goes on his school record and colleges might decline him just for this reason. Please HELP ! I dont know what else I can do !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back