Set up by an attorney to loose

Gibson73

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I was served an eviction order and was assigned a legal aid attorney who had gave me problems before, mainly lack of communication and no answers to my questions.

The friday before the monday court date she said we were going to get the case dismissed.

Upon meeting her at court I quickly determine that she had not even read the sheriff's report that the agency had asked me to send or even looked at the eviction order images I also had sent. And then I find she is on the landlords side and will not listen to my "NO, I do not want to do as you are asking" over and over.

I told her of my rights in the matter.
I told here of the statutes that are protecting me.
I told her of the crimes the landlord commited.
I told here I would regret it for the rest of my life.
I was not allowed to use my evidence that other attorneys in her agency told me to create (photographs).
She allowed the landlord to be standing right outside the door of the room we were in.

We sat there for an hour and when I pleaded or said no she put her head on the table like she was going to go to sleep.

This went on for an hour.

What would had happened if I had never went back to the court room because I never accepted to do as she demanded and we just sat there as we were?

Last edited:
What would had happened if I had never went back to the court room because I never accepted to do as she demanded and we just sat there as we were?

You would have lost the case with a default verdict going to the landlord.

I suggest you discuss with your LL the offer you said he was going try to get the verdict reversed.

That's the only out you have left, mate.

Otherwise, start searching for new digs.

Back