Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Service with a side of sexual harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckeny

Last week my husband and I stopped by a "friendly neighborhood restaurant" for lunch. We met our server, she took our drink order, all was fine. She came back with our drinks and took our order. As we waited she came back over to our table. She sat down at our table and asked us if we wanted to hear a dirty joke. I responded with the fact that we had a 23 year old and probably already heard it...ha, ha. I really thought the joke (that she continued with) would have a punch line with mud in it...but it didn't. She proceeded with 2 more. By the time she got to the third one, my husband and I both stopped giving her any attention. I hoped that if I watched TV she'd go away. She finally did. I won't repeat the jokes but one of them really ruined my lunch. She ruined my lunch, she ruined my day, and days later it still bothers me. I feel like I was violated. I have talked with the management but all they did was offer me a gift certificate to go back to the restaurant she still works at.
Is there anything I can do about this? I can't believe they would keep someone like that in their employ.

The law does not require that they fire her. You have no way of knowing what disciplinary action they may have taken.

You do not have the right to dictate to them what action they take. You are, of course, free to take your business elsewhere.

Sounds like the joke was crude, not funny, and very bad taste.

All you can do is complain and even complain to corporate if there is one.

They do not have to fire her. It sounds like she needs a good warning and maybe she should pass on the jokes, but what they do with her discipline wise is up to them.

Thanx for the reply. I'll keep on corporate to do the right thing. I can't stand the thought of this person being allowed to do this to others...it will go down as the worst dining experience ever for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back