Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Seriously Concerned about my Daughter's Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlantham

My daughter has done two things she fraudulently received money from buyers on ebay by saying she had an item, delivering an item that wasn't the item, pocketing the money and then shutting the account. She did this numerous times. She hasn't been charged with anything - yet. I don't know what to say. I'm at a loss for words. I don't even know what the name of such a charge or charges would be but i'm guessing fraud (consumer fraud or something?). I'm assuming ebay will be able to piece things together after enough people complain and proceed legally. My concern stems from all that plus the fact that she did all of this under my roof and now she has moved out of the area. She won't tell me where she is. How much trouble is she looking at once things trace back to her?

My daughter has done two things she fraudulently received money from buyers on ebay by saying she had an item, delivering an item that wasn't the item, pocketing the money and then shutting the account. She did this numerous times. She hasn't been charged with anything - yet. I don't know what to say. I'm at a loss for words. I don't even know what the name of such a charge or charges would be but i'm guessing fraud (consumer fraud or something?). I'm assuming ebay will be able to piece things together after enough people complain and proceed legally. My concern stems from all that plus the fact that she did all of this under my roof and now she has moved out of the area. She won't tell me where she is. How much trouble is she looking at once things trace back to her?

She might be in very BIG trouble.

It all depends.

The amount she allegedly stole or defrauded others out of might be large to some, but small enough that the authorities won't go after her (if she's very lucky).

I suggest you stay as far away form this as you can, mom.

Yes, you want to help, but unless you're prepared to reimburse the amounts she allegedly purloined, the less you know the better. WHY?

Well, when (or IF) the authorities do come around looking for her, you can HONESTLY say you know NOTHING about all of this, other than she lived with you for XXX months, and left about XXX weeks ago.

So, I'd simply say a prayer or two for her, and let sleeping dogs lie.

One more thing, mom, in many cases like these a bad boyfriend (or girlfriend these days for some), illegal drugs, and a very bad drug abuse habit are often involved.

Good luck mom, and as those three little monkeys illustrate: see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil.

Since you didn't do anything wrong, I agree that you should not get involved in this in any way. Do not admit to knowing anything about this if it comes to you being questioned.

The best of luck in regard to this entire situation.

Thank you for the replies. But is so unsettling that this is happening. I simply can't believe it. As for the quantity, I want to say BUT UNDERSTAND I SHOULD JUST STOP BLABBING.

I KNOW THE LESS I KNOW, THE BETTER IT IS FOR ME!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the replies. But is so unsettling that this is happening. I simply can't believe it. As for the quantity, I want to say BUT UNDERSTAND I SHOULD JUST STOP BLABBING.

I KNOW THE LESS I KNOW, THE BETTER IT IS FOR ME!!!

Yes, we KNOW you don't know. But, no one really needs to know. So, just STOP talking about this. Only the evil-doer knows for sure, and we know you're INNOCENT, mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back