Overstay, Illegal Status Serious sittuation with removal permanent resident status

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandangvn

I came to America as an International student status. I met my ex- husband and get married with him 2 years ago. I am holding a conditional permanent resident status now. However, we divorced because he was cheating on me with another woman and now he did marry that woman. i was the one who filed the divorce with the reason " sexual abandon" . I dont know if we could call it as a mentally abusement or not. I had lived in California and my ex-husband lived in Newyork. All the time he was cheating on me, he hurted me alot, mentally by stop having xex with me and ignoring me. Now , i just get married with another green card holder. i dont know what should i do because this July 2007 my green card will be expired. I dont know if i can fill the paper work for removal permanent status by my self or not. Or My new husband should file a I30 again for a new greencard. As far as i know that there is no deportion law applies for Vietnamese citizen. However, i dont want to distub my status because i have school and job in USA.

What did the immigration folks say when you asked your questions?

Well, i consulted an immigration lawyer. He told me that when it's time for removal conditional permanent resident status , i have to go to the interview and explain my stituation. Since this is a mentally abusement and i do not have any evidence in my hand. the INS might refuse my application. However, my husband ( the one who holding permanen green card) he can apply for something to keep my case on hold until he can be citizen and then i will have a green card again. He explained that my status will e somthing like pendding status...i wonder can i still go to school and work with that status or not... everything is seem so confusing .. thank you for your concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back