Sentencing, Plea Bargains Sentencing advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikerT

My partner and his Dad were recently arrested for beating up his Dad's neighbour after an argument got out of controll !

The charges against my partner are ABH, Affray and drunk/disordaly. He was arrested and charged with D&D only 3 months ago.

His court date is in 15 days, he only has the duty solicitor that the police provided, and will be sentenced at a Crown court. I have a few questions ( worries ) that i cant seem to find answers for...

He has previous convitctions ( although has never served time in jail ) for things like attempted Arson, Assalt etc the last one only being 4 years ago ( before we met ).

What kind of sentence will ( if any ) he be looking at ? The fella they attacked has vanished off the face of the earth, but im worried his previous record will contribute to the sentencing he gets !!?

I have also been told, that Crown courts are more likly to give a custodial sentence over a majistrate not sure if this is true ?

Im more than positive his dad will recieve an immediate custodial, as when searched by the police he was found to be carrying a knife ( he'dd been doing some DIY at home before it all kicked off ). But what about my partner ?

Many Thanks

You are in the UK, I couldn't tell you. I don't know anyone here that knows the laws there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back