sent home then Fired for raising about unpaid pre-shift briefings

Status
Not open for further replies.

zay05

My jurisdiction is: Nevada

I was at work on a new job and repremanded then sent home for "raising issues about non-payed mandatory pre-shift briefings. They never called me back to work prior to the three days later when the director told me I had to go because he cant risk upsetting a shift over one person. prior to that I was isolated and not allowed to work the floo and constantly harassed and even told "If you know what's best you should shut up about briefings(an officer sued and won the settlement in a class action over the same issue in vegas when he was termed for missing a pre-shift briefing) The director and I were friends to an extent, I worked for him at another property for 6 years and he had me hired here. he actually told me "I know its bull@#$t but I have to do what I gotta do! Prior to this the manager sent me home for demanding an explaination for sending me home for asking about the legality of forced unpaid briefing and why he sent me home for it (i was late for briefing 7 minutes when my son was badly burned but I still came to work on time for my shift instead of staying at the hospital). After the director sent me home he did'nt call me back for over 3 weeks when he found out I was seeking legal advice and the mutual friend and another professional in our field warned him if I did get a lawyer it could go really bad for him, he sent a letter today 0702/09 sytating I was fired for a "no call no show" get this! on 07/03/09! really? seeing I worked 3 hours on that day which was the day he sent me home and I have the paystub to prove it! Is it just me or does this sound like a wrongful term case?, not to mention I was still on probation so why not term me on the spot instead of a month later? just when you find out I might be sueing you? Does this sound suspicious?:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back