selling licensed merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.

cawalker

My sister and I have a Canadian website where we sell party packs and are looking at branching into selling licensed party supplies (ie. batman/spiderman). By reselling licensed merchandise do we need permission from the main company (ie. DC comics/Marvel) or is it enough to provide the trademark info with each picture we use on our website (ex. This is an officially licensed © Marvel Entertainment, Inc. product.) Does it make a difference if we buy wholesale or not?

My sister and I have a Canadian website where we sell party packs and are looking at branching into selling licensed party supplies (ie. batman/spiderman). By reselling licensed merchandise do we need permission from the main company (ie. DC comics/Marvel) or is it enough to provide the trademark info with each picture we use on our website (ex. This is an officially licensed © Marvel Entertainment, Inc. product.) Does it make a difference if we buy wholesale or not?
Have you taken a look at agreements yet? There are usually clauses with regard to the use of trade names and marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back