Seller's used car liability, Ca, unaware of previous damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

i885744

I recently sold a vehicle on eBay which was purchased by a buyer also in California. Private Party to Private Party. The buyer visually inspected/drove the car, and continued through with the transaction after the auction's close. The vehicle was purchased, and put into the buyer's name. I described in my advertisement that the car had been in a minor accident and repaired. This is what I was told when I bought the vehicle, the vehicle has a clean title as well. The car looked and drove great. The buyer took the car to a dealer who found frame damage on the vehicle, which was apparently not disclosed to me, nor consequently, my buyer. My auction advertised that the vehicle was "like new," which is the condition I believed the vehicle to be in. I did however state "This vehicle is being offered as is, where is, with no opportunity for return or refund partial or in full." in my auction description. The buyer has filed a complaint with eBay's auction insurance company and is threatening to sue me on his own. Am I liable for any damages on the vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back