Seller's Permit

Status
Not open for further replies.

need2know

I have a small business and fell behind in my state sales tax. I made an agreement to
catch up but got sick and was not able to keep up the agreed payments. Because I did not keep the agreement, they have revoked my seller's permit. I talked with them and they said I have to pay in full all I owe and pay a deposit before I can get the permit back.

They have sent letters to all my distributers and to the township. There isn't much chance that I can catch up on a minimum wage job and still keep up the mortgage payments so I don't loose everything. (If the township was not aware of my situation I wouldn't be too worried about it, but it's such a small community.)

What is the worst thing that can happen if I open the doors while my permit is revoked? I don't want to get in any more trouble than I'm already in, but if I cannot operate I cannot pay the bills. The coolers and heat don't stop running just because I'm not open. The insurance is still the same amount, the mortagage etc.

What should I do? I don't want to throw it all away, but the kind of money I'll make at a regular job wouldn't even put a dent in the expenses here. Unless I can operate I will have to file bankruptcy. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back